All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Skeebi - Holy Paladin
PostPosted: June 4th, 2018, 8:25 pm 

Character Name: Skeebi
Class/Spec: Holy Paladin
Battle.net Profile: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... ore/skeebi
Battletag: Skeebotron#1459

About Me

I've been playing World of Warcraft since the middle of Wrath of the Lich King (sometime around 3.1 I think) and began raiding in ToC. I have raided in some capacity every tier since then. I'm a 28 year old musician, tech geek, and lover of cats. I am in the Central time zone.

Notable Alts
960 Shadow Priest - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... ger/skeebi
942 Havoc Demon Hunter - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... /ephemeris

Playstyle

I use a Corsair Scimitar which is essentially the same as a Razer Naga, so I have the vast majority of my spells bound to the number keys on it, and then shift and ctrl variants of each. I also have a few abilities bound to my keyboard with some shift and ctrl variants as well. I move forward and strafe with my W, A, and D keys and turn with my right mouse button.

Keybinds

1 - Holy Shock
2 - Holy Light
3 - Flash of Light
4 - Light of the Martyr
5 - Bestow Faith
6 - Cleanse
7 - Beacon of Light
8 - Healthstone
9 - Redemption

Mid Mouse - Divine Shield

Shift +1 - Tyr's Deliverance
Shift + 2 - Potion
Shift + 3 - Light of Dawn
Shift + 4 - Mana Potion
Shift + 5 - Flask
Shift + 6 - Divine Steed
Shift + 7 - Hand of Sacrifice
Shift + 8 - Augment Rune
Shift + 9 - Absolution

E - Beacon of Faith
G - Racial Ability
Z - Rule of Law
X - Divine Protection
C - Consecration
V - Hammer of Justice
B - Crusader Strike

Shift + G - Aura Mastery
Shift + T - Lay on Hands
Ctrl + E - Blessing of Protection

What I offer the raid

As a holy paladin, I bring strong and consistent single target healing and extremely potent burst healing potential. This is changing in BFA, as Aura of Sacrifice is being reworked. My spec will continue to excel at delivering consistent tank healing and single target spot heals on the raid, but will lack the ability to burst heal the raid in the capacity that we currently can.

Spell Usage

I generally use Holy Shock on cooldown on a target that can use at least moderate healing or on an enemy if the raid is topped. This is to make sure that I keep generating Infusion of Light procs.

I fill with Holy Light and Flash of Light depending on what the situation calls for. Holy Light when there's no imminent danger and I want to conserve mana, or Flash of Light when someone is spiking or when I have excess mana to burn for higher throughput.

I use Light of Dawn when there are multiple raid members somewhat stacked that need healing.

I try to use Tyr's Deliverance preemptively when there's raid damage incoming, and then I spam Holy/Flash of Light on the raid for the bonus healing.

Depending on how I'm talented, I'll either use Bestow Faith preemptively on a target that's about to take damage, or if I take Crusader's Might I'll use Crusader Strike during Holy Shock and Light of Dawn cooldowns to regenerate them quicker. I'll take Light's Hammer for heavily stacked fights like Varimathras and drop it on cooldown.

Artifacts

Holy - 78
Ret - 75
Prot - 75

UI Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/PadS0b2.jpg

Most of my keybinds are hidden to free up screen space, but they are all listed above.

Addons

The main addons that I rely on for raiding are DBM, WeakAuras, ElvUI, Details, Exorsus Raid Tools and/or Angry Assignments.

Raiding Experience

Wrath of the Lich King - Cleared all content on normal with some heroics.
Cataclysm - Cleared all content on normal with some heroics.
Mists of Pandaria - Cleared all content on normal with some heroics.
Warlords of Draenor - 6/7M Highmaul, 8/10M BRF, 13/13M HFC
Legion - 7/7M Emerald Nightmare, 8/10M Nighthold, 5/9M ToS. I am currently showing 9/11M in Antorus, but only because I was in the hospital the night my team killed Aggramar and we locked out on Argus every week following that. I have ~600 pulls on Argus with my best attempt at 25%. With a small amount of time to adjust to your way of doing things, I'd be able to hold my own on Argus and execute the fight with no problems.

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... bracket=-1

Guild History

I've been playing this game a long time, sometimes casually and other times more seriously. As such, it would be almost impossible for me to list my entire guild history and reasons for leaving, but my history in Legion is as follows:

Overture - A guild I formed on Proudmoore at the beginning of the expansion to raid semi-seriously with some friends. It broke up during EN due to irreconcilable differences between some of the officers and raiders.

Archetype - A friend's guild I joined on Thrall (Horde). The guild completed Emerald Nightmare on Mythic before Nighthold released, and then broke up shortly into Mythic Nighthold progression due to burnout with a large portion of the core.

The Trust - Lightbringer. Ended Mythic Nighthold with them at 8/10M. Left shortly after ToS came out to raid with my friends on Horde again.

Jolly Roger Pride - Stormreaver. Casually raided ToS with them. I left because they ended progression after killing Desolate Host. Nobody wanted to try and progress on Mistress, they just wanted to wait until Antorus came out.

Eternal Kingdom - Proudmoore. Left due to a toxic atmosphere in the team which arose as a result of stagnating progression and unrest.

I try not to hop around guilds so much. I just have yet to find a lasting good fit for me in Legion. I'm hoping this could be the stable group I'm looking for.

Why I think I would be a good addition to your team:

I am a dedicated, determined player who you can depend on to show up to raids and give maximum effort to ensure the boss dies. This includes showing up with appropriate gems, enchants, and consumables. I dedicate time outside of raiding to keep up with my class' current theorycraft on the paladin discord server and going over logs, both my own and those of others, to see where I can improve. You can also always count on me to show up with all of the pre-fight knowledge I possibly can and to have a solid idea of what's going on in any given fight.

I hope to hear from you guys soon. Thanks for taking the time to read my app.

Offline Profile