All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Closed - Jaceshadows Application
PostPosted: July 29th, 2018, 12:11 pm 

--What is your character's name, race, class, and primary spec?
Jaceshadows, Human, Death Knight, Blood

--https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/stormrage/Jaceshadows

--How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?
Around 2.5 years

--What is your real life age? (Under 18, 18-25, 25-30, 30+)

--What time zone do you live in?
Mountain

--Do you have any other worthwhile 100's? (Name, Class, and Server)
No.

Playstyle

--Do you predominantly (one or the other) activate spells and abilities using your keyboard/buttons on your mouse or by clicking the spells on the screen? Do you use your mouse or your keyboard (or a combination) to move?
I use my keyboard to move. I use keybinds for my mouse for abilities.

--What are your keybinds?
Death Grip - 1 Asphyxiate-2 Dark Command- 3 Blood Boil-4 Death Strike- 5 Marrowrend- 6 Heart Strike- 7 Death's Caress- 8 Blood Drinker- - Mind Freeze- =

--What do you think the strengths and weaknesses of your class are?
Strength: High Survivability, Opportunity with different gear combinations to do high dps, (not like Demon hunter tank dps but higher than others) and easy rotation for raiding to enable for proper off tanking/main tanking coordination
Weakness: Very Low Mobility, constant maintenance (bone shield stacks, runic power maintaining, etc) and no real middle ground (either high suriviabilty and low dps or high dps with low survivability)

--For your main spec, what is your rotation (and/or priority system)? If you're a healer, please explain what heals you use in what situations.
Marrowrend up to 10 stacks. Heart strike as long as I have at least 6 stacks of bone shield. DS when topped out on runic power or after taking a large hit. Icebound Fortitude whenever incoming high damage is near. Dancing Rune weapon when low on any resource or based on healer mana. Helps save them mana due to not having to heal me. AMS whenever high incoming magic damage. Death and decay whenever procced. Blood Drinker on CD. Vamp blood when incoming one shot mechanic is approaching. Rune Tap when consistant damage is incoming. Brez when called for by Raid lead

--Does your character have all of his artifacts? What do your artifacts look like for your alternate specs?
He does. All 3 are 75. Had my main spec up to 80 before I took a break

--Describe your experience and ability with each of your specs.
8/11M Ant Tank
5/11M ToS Tank
2/11M NH Tank
I am by far better at Blood DK than Frost. Frost was simple enough that I could do competetive damage as frost and easily picked it up. There was just a never a time when I needed to be dps spec while raiding.\

--Please provide an up-to-date picture of your UI (from a non-terrible site) here. List your hotkeys if they aren't easily viewable or a mod is preventing them from being viewed.

--What add-ons do you use? Please name the ones that are of particular interest to your class or raiding.
DBM Details Exorsus

--Do you regularly investigate the details of your class and spec outside the game? If yes, what sites do you use and what do they offer you? If no, why do you not try to find out all the information you can about your class?
I do. I use a lot of icyveins to compare and the DK discord. But my main comparing comes from other Blood DKs. I prefer to bounce ideas off of people that are in similar progression or better and get their input rather than asking a website that can't explain every detail of their thinking and reasoning behind a choice.

--The only thing the raid leader should have to explain to an applicant is the actual guild's strategy on a certain boss fight. With that said, will you come to a progression raid having already watched videos on every boss fight you will be encountering and read any available information relevant to encounters?
Absolutely. I will also come with knowledge found from other tanks that may have already done the fight and explained when major damage goes out

--Will you come to raids with full consumables and the best gems/enchants you can get?\
Absolutely

Raiding Experience in World of Warcraft (At content level)

--Legion

Details

--Please post a link to a recent WoL/WCL report. This is a must-have.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... metric=hps

--What guilds have you been in (name and server) and why did you leave (or plan on leaving)?
Talk Nerdy To Me - Stormrage. Major issues with RL and main tank and lack of progression. Peacefully stepped down
Corgi’s Out - Stormrage. I stepped down during May of Antorous due to burn out and got replaced. Came back for BFA and had been replaced so they could progress which is understandable. Just need a new home

Personality

--Why did you initially choose your character/class? What do you like most about it?
Before I became competitive I chose DK just due to the fact it started out at like level 56.
I like the utility that can get overlooked. Brezs, tank and dps specs, and the lore of the class to me was phenomenally done

--Are you receptive to criticism?
Absolutely. If there is a better way I can do things please tell me that way I can be better for the raid team. Now with that being said please understand if someone is going to speak about things like rotational information that I appreciate them knowing what they're talking about and will listen to them much easier if they understand what they're talking about and have experience doing what they are saying. Rather than just someone that read icyveins and wants to tell me what icyveins said as well. But either kind of criticism is taken into account and heard

Reference:
Putzahontas

Attachments:
File comment: Screenshot of my UI
WoWScrnShot_121017_065428.jpg
WoWScrnShot_121017_065428.jpg [ 271.99 KiB | Viewed 204 times ]
 Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Jaceshadows Application
PostPosted: July 30th, 2018, 7:01 am 
Recruiter

When you get a chance add my btag dookie#1491

dookie#1491

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Jaceshadows Application
PostPosted: July 30th, 2018, 9:33 pm 

I know I'm not raiding or playing much anymore, but just thought I'd hop in and say Jace and I have run bunches of M+ together and I know him to be a great tank and overall awesome guy. For as long as I can remember, the attached has been his friend note.

Good luck Jace!

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 9.26.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 9.26.42 PM.png [ 101.07 KiB | Viewed 170 times ]
 Offline Profile