All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Elgard Restoration Druid
PostPosted: September 24th, 2018, 9:11 pm 

Application Questions

What is your character's name, race, class, and primary spec?

Elgard, Night Elf Druid Restoration Spec

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... yst/Elgard

How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?

I’ve been playing since Burning Crusade, doing some casual raiding during that expansion and WotLK. I played super casual after that until Legion where I started where I joined the guild I’m in now -- Gnome Regrets -- where we downed mythic bosses until the end of the expansion.

What is your real life age? I’m 22 and have started law school this year.

What time zone do you live in?

PST (California)

Playstyle

--Do you predominantly (one or the other) activate spells and abilities using your keyboard/buttons on your mouse or by clicking the spells on the screen? Do you use your mouse or your keyboard (or a combination) to move?

When I dps I use keybinds to cast, but when I’m healing I use Vuhdoh to click and heal with a combination of keybinds for non healing abilities. For movement I use my mouse to turn and my keyboard to move forward and strafe left and right.

--What do you think the strengths and weaknesses of your class are?

Right now Druid has decent throughput and mobility but gets most of it’s raid healing from CD usage right now. Tree of Life is also a great supporting CD to help push a little more healing along with another healers CD. On top of this Ironbark is an amazing tank mitigating CD. Another major strength, although nerfed, is bear form to soak certain mechanics (like the pools in Zul). The major weakness it is facing this expansion is that it doesn’t have the same throughput as the Holy Priest or Mistweaver.

What is the level of your Heart of Azeroth neck?

UI Screenshot with Keybinds:

https://imgur.com/a/nxCbFhk

--What add-ons do you use? Please name the ones that are of particular interest to your class or raiding.

Vuhdoh (healing), Bartender, DBM, Method Dungeon Tools, WeakAuras (which is used to track the raid CDs on the left).

Do you regularly investigate the details of your class and spec outside the game? If yes, what sites do you use and what do they offer you? If no, why do you not try to find out all the information you can about your class?

Yes, I generally go to the Druid discord for most of my information supplementing the holes of info with icy-veins. I also will check logs and compare what I’m doing to others and seeing in what areas I can improve on.

The only thing the raid leader should have to explain to an applicant is the actual guild's strategy on a certain boss fight. With that said, will you come to a progression raid having already watched videos on every boss fight you will be encountering and read any available information relevant to encounters?

Yup usually fatboss is my go to, with a text guide to refresh myself before the fight.

Will you come to raids with full consumables and the best gems/enchants you can get?

Of course. Just let me know how many feasts and cauldrons will be provided so I can come accordingly.

Raiding Experience in World of Warcraft (At content level)

Burning Crusade:

Karazhan and a bit of Mag’s Lair. Nothing too serious

Wrath of the Lich King:

Naxx (Partial clear), Trial of the Crusader, ICC (partial clear)

Legion
Nighthold (5/10M), ToS (5/9M), Antorus (7/11M)

Was a healer through all of these. During BC and WotlK I was pretty young but it was a blast going through the content. In Legion it was a lot more serious and I thought we made pretty good progress.

Please post a link to a recent Warcraftlogs report. This is a must-have.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... yst/elgard

What guilds have you been in (name and server) and why did you leave (or plan on leaving)?

Gnome Regrets Azuremyst. Basically the team didn’t have 20 members that wanted Cutting Edge, and so the group ended up falling apart because of it. So I’m taking the opportunity to explore my options.

About me:

Currently a law student on the West Coast. I've been playing WoW for over 10 years, initially raiding in WotLK. I did take a break from raiding after that until Legion where my spark reignited in WoW. I joined my servers top guild Gnome Regrets and was granted a spot on the healing team starting in Nighthold. We were able to down some mythic bosses but didn't quite have the talent and teamwork among us to get a cutting edge kill. WoW right now is my passion though and I love to spend my time playing it, and I crave getting Cutting Edge. After playing the game for so long I want to be able to hit that achievement and perhaps go even higher by getting a World First. My progress in BFA has been a bit slow due to the new adjustment to law school and the internal guild problems but I'm ready to put more time in to progress and gear up. Druid was my first toon when I started playing the game and I’ve been on the same character since then. I did play quite a bit of alts during legion so I could learn the classes again ( I think I got all but 2 classes to max level, raiding with Shaman, Monk, and Mage in our guild second raid with my druid in the main raid.) As such I just have a love for playing the game and love filling in where people need me, doing what I can to progress. I can take harshly given criticism poorly if I’m gonna be honest (I’ll get a little quiet and want to evaluate what I’m doing) but if it’s good and constructive criticism I’m eager to adjust and approve.

Let me know if you need any other information!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Elgard Restoration Druid
PostPosted: September 25th, 2018, 8:04 am 

Also I just realized I didn't put any contact information!

You can get ahold of me on BNET at ShadeCloud#1812 or on Discord at ShadeCloud
#9969. Thanks :)

Offline Profile