All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Rivena - Ret Paladin
PostPosted: April 28th, 2018, 9:22 am 

Application Questions

Basics

What is your character's name, race, class, and primary spec?

Rivena
Human
Paladin
Retribution

Please provide your profile link from http://us.battle.net/wow/en/ of the character you're applying on.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... ore/rivena

How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?

I have been playing for about 10-11 years

What is your real life age? (Under 18, 18-25, 25-30, 30+)

I am 25 years old

What time zone do you live in?

I live in PST time (server time)

Do you have any other worthwhile 110's? (Name, Class, and Server)

I have many other 110's, none of which are geared. I could potentially gear one but i preffer Ret Pally for the time being.

Playstyle

Do you predominantly (one or the other) activate spells and abilities using your keyboard/buttons on your mouse or by clicking the spells on the screen? Do you use your mouse or your keyboard (or a combination) to move?

I use a razer naga so all my spells are typically bound to 1 - = and their shift variant on my keyboard with a few keybinds under alphabetical keys on the keyboard (F, G, T being primary keys for support buttons).

What are your keybinds?

Previous question answers this question.

What do you think the strengths and weaknesses of your class are?

Ret Paladin brings a few good utility ooptions to the table such as wisdom, bop, and freedom. They also have bursty and decent consistant damage so they are not as niche as they use to be. However on the other end of the spectrum they no longer have the type of mobility as previous expansions provided so being pro-active is important.

For your main spec, what is your rotation (and/or priority system)? If you're a healer, please explain what heals you use in what situations.

Generate 4-5 HP through HP generators and prioritze TV on ST and DS for 2+ targets. Judgement needs to be used as often as possible on cd and all HP spenders used within its window. Ashes should also be used on CD unless wings is soon, in which case you would save to build crusade stacks quicker.

Does your character have all of his artifacts? What do your artifacts look like for your alternate specs?

Ret: 82
Prot: 75
Holy: 75

Describe your experience and ability with each of your specs.

Ret: 8\11 M ABT very proficient
Prot: 7\11 M ABT very proficient
Holy: 2\11 M ABT non-proficient

Please provide an up-to-date picture of your UI (from a non-terrible site) here. List your hotkeys if they aren't easily viewable or a mod is preventing them from being viewed.

https://imgur.com/e6PYndr

What add-ons do you use? Please name the ones that are of particular interest to your class or raiding.

The important add-ons are as follows: Exorsus, DBM, WA, Details, Elvui

Do you regularly investigate the details of your class and spec outside the game? If yes, what sites do you use and what do they offer you? If no, why do you not try to find out all the information you can about your class?

Yes, between the Paladin discord and The Silver Hand, as well as MMO Champ, it just depends who has the most up to date information and where they are posting that information. Although, i test things out ffor myself as well to validate infformation and ensure that im not getting the bum scoop.

The only thing the raid leader should have to explain to an applicant is the actual guild's strategy on a certain boss fight. With that said, will you come to a progression raid having already watched videos on every boss fight you will be encountering and read any available information relevant to encounters?

Yes, understanding a boss fight is important to progression, every raider should come prepared prior to the boss fight.

Will you come to raids with full consumables and the best gems/enchants you can get?

Yes, every raid ill be prepared.

Raiding Experience in World of Warcraft (At content level)

I did not start seriously raiding until WOD in which i went 13\13 HFC, since then and in Legion ive gone as follows:

EN 4\7
NH 4\10
TOS 5\9
ABT 8\11

Details

Please post a link to a recent WoL/WCL report. This is a must-have.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... ore/rivena

What guilds have you been in (name and server) and why did you leave (or plan on leaving)?

I have been with Eternal Kingdom for the past 2 years, i am leaving as i decided to recently step down from a leadership position on one of its teams.

Personality

Why did you initially choose your character/class? What do you like most about it?

I chose Paladin since i enjoy the game play it provides and the class fantasy is also enjoyable. In the end it comes down to playstyle though, most of my experience has been with a paladin so at this point i feel obligated to stick to it.

Are you receptive to criticism?

I am recceptive to criticism, it is also expected in order to progress efficiently.

Offline Profile